Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hello, holiday!

I can't believe we're almost done Term 1. Week 6 is over tomorrow! We've got 3 weeks left, and I'm so impressed and proud that myself and my fellow newbie teachers are going to survive it.

It's taken 6 weeks, but I finally feel like I'm getting it. Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) are due tomorrow and I've got one more to write. Yesterday I had 4 to write. I actually feeling like I'm getting my crap together. Like I know what I'm doing.

Today was a really good day, behaviour-wise. I have two very stubborn students, and they sometimes (often) drive me bonkers, but I think they're finally getting that it's my classroom, so it's my rules. I have another student whose behaviour can escalate really quickly and he can become violent. He's new to the school so it's a really big transition for him, and he's been struggling. But I think he's getting used to the schedule and the rules, too, and he's settled down a bit. We're working on it. But he had a really good day, and that makes me super happy.

Anyway, I WAS just going to quickly say that this coming Monday is a holiday!! It's Labour Day here in Australia on 11 March. Which means we aren't working on Monday. So myself and some of my friends from work are driving up into the mountains for a rodeo on Saturday and some camping and outdoors activities until Monday afternoon. We're going to Alpine National Park. I'm so excited, I can't remember the last time I went camping.

Really, that's all I wanted to say.

So chances are, I'll have photos to show and stories to tell. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time next week to write about my weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment