Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Zealand, Baby!

Good news: I survived my first term as a full time teacher! There were many ups and downs, but I made it through, and rewarded myself by going to New Zealand for two weeks with a friend, Sara.

We were there for two weeks, rented a car, and drove over as much of the two islands as we could, to see as much as we could. It was a spectacularly fantastic trip. New Zealand has always been at the top of my "to visit" list, so it was amazing to finally go.

Now the question is, how do I sum up 2 weeks of amazing traveling into a blog post? The honest answer is: I don't. I took notes each day on everything we did and I have a billion stories. I can't possible put it all into one simple, measly post and have that be anywhere near adequate. So the plan is to write a post for a day or two and post them sporadically over the next few days/weeks. I won't make any promises, though, because clearly I'm bad at updating this blog. In my defense, I'm really busy! But I do want to share my trip with you, so I will do my best.

I've made up a map showing the road that we took to get from Point A (Auckland) to Point B (Queenstown). We traveled over 3500 kilometres! Check it out:


View New Zealand Trip in a larger map

I'm hoping to have the first day or two up by the end of the week, I just have to get all of my photos onto my computer. The only ones you can see right now can be found on my Instagram account, just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment