Friday, February 15, 2013

In Which I Intend to Scold Myself & End Up Being Self-Motivational

I'm the worst blogger ever.

I know.

I'm terrible.

Please don't hate me.

But honestly, every time I think about updating my blog (which is maybe once a week), I just can't be bothered. I'd love to let you know about my days and my class and everything, but I'm so. freaking. tired. This job is exhausting! We've been going swimming with the kids all week, so that's totally tuckered me out and makes the kids tired which causes more behaviour issues. It's just been crazy.

I'm loving it though. Every day one of my kids will drive me up the wall, but I love them. And I feel like I'm so behind on paperwork and I have a million things to do that I never manage to remember to do or have the time to do. And sometimes I just have a really really bad day where want to run screaming from the school and drown my sorrows in a hot bath and feel totally overwhelmed.

But we're all still adjusting. It'll probably be like this for the whole term, and I'm willing to bet I'll end the term with several things I was supposed to teach, un-taught. But I'm a true believer that we can only do our best. And so if we do the best we can and work our hardest, and the students are safe and learning, then it's a win. Don't sweat the small stuff. You have the teach the student not the material. [Insert inspirational quote here.] And so on and so forth.

I wasn't intending this to be a self-motivational post, but it's feeling like that. I suppose it gives you an idea of where my head is at these days. Which is scattered right now, actually. So much to think about and do....

But it's the weekend! And so I say THANK THE HEAVENS ALMIGHTY. I'm looking forward to going to the beach tomorrow and having a relaxing day. I think it's funny how I can power through the week and, yes I feel tired in the evenings, but I never really know how tired I am until Friday afternoon comes around and I realize it's the weekend and I can sleep in tomorrow, and then my body totally shuts down haha. A few of us went out for pizza since it was the end of the week and we were total zombies, we were so tired.

So, seriously, I'm taking a cold shower because I feel yucky after such a hot day, and then I'm hopping in bed. Chances are I'll be asleep before 10pm.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

No comments:

Post a Comment