Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What Happens When I Sit on a Plane for Too Long

While I was on the plane, I wrote a couple things down on my iPhone to publish here later on. Here's the ramblings I put down "on paper."


Saturday, August 4, 2012

1.5 hours prior to landing in Sydney (8am AEST)

Holy longest day of my life. I mean, I knew it was going to be long, but you can’t actually understand what a 15 hour flight means until you’ve experience it. I feel like I have clown’s feet. And I think my ears are blocked forevermore. I sure as heck am low on sleep.

The awesome part is that we time-traveled! We left Toronto at 10pm EST on Thursday and will get to Sydney at 9:30am AEST Saturday. It basically feels like we totally skipped over Friday. It is still a really long journey though.

30 minutes from landing in Sydney

I can’t believe what we’ve done. We’re crazy! We picked up and moved to Australia. It’s actually so far away. I now have the full realization of how far it is and what that means. I feel like I should apologize to my parents for what I’ve put them through. Leaving like that and going so far away.

But this is something I had to do; have to do. It’s going to be amazing, eye-opening, and almost definitely will change me in some way. So whether it’s crazy or not, I’m not going to regret a single moment. I won’t allow myself to. Because this is me, living my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment