Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today's the Day!

Yes, that's right. It's flying day. Moving day. Goodbye Canada day.

It's ridiculous to think that in less than 12 hours, I'll be taking off from the Toronto Airport. How can it be so close, and yet still not seem real?

I think the biggest thing is that I don't know what to expect. I've never been to Australia. I've never been on a 15 hour flight. I've never moved to the other side of the world. There are so many I've nevers. So how is it even possible to imagine expecting what it will be like?

Yesterday, Becca and I were talking about how we keep getting asked if we're excited or nervous. Of course, we're both, but neither of these emotions is really showing outwardly. The explanation I came up with is something like this: Excitement is a high feeling, a positive feeling, whereas nervousness has more of a negative, low feeling, more reserved. Pair these two together, and they kind of cancel each other out. We've just kind of platformed in the middle near a feeling of numbness.

So I'm not uninterested or bored with the fact that today is THE DAY. I'm terrified and ecstatic, nervous and excited, and somehow still feeling unprepared. But the one thing I know I am for sure:

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment