I feel like it's been so long since I've written, that it's not even worth it to play catch-up. Especially because I haven't been doing much.
Now, I know what everyone must be thinking: You're living in Australia, how can you be doing nothing?! Well the answer is simple enough: money. The world revolves around money and I need to make sure I have enough of it to live for the next 2.5 months. Especially because for 6 weeks of that time I won't be working. Yay for summer holidays.
So basically, we can't take a weekend and jet up to the Gold Coast to surf or down to Tasmania to hike. I wish. That would be fantastic. But we need to be smart about money and right now that means saving rather than traveling. I know for a fact that traveling will occur in the new year, though. I have too much I want to see for us not to.
What have I been doing, then, you ask? Well here's a quick list of what I've been occupying my time with over the last few weeks:
- Work, but I suppose that's a given. I've been pretty lucky and have gotten 4 days of work almost every week for the last 4 weeks.
- Knitting! Becca taught me to knit. I'm a fast learner, and I utilized YouTube to learn new knits. So I've kept busy by knitting some Christmas gifts.
- Regular, day-to-day necessities. Laundry, groceries, cooking, bill paying.
- Exploring the city. I've been trying to do this more often, just getting into the city to explore and walk around.
- Movie watching. Looper is a fantastic film, see it!
- Coughing. We're going into summer and I've caught a cold. Fantastic.
Welcome to my boring life.